Hatchette Partworks has kindly sent over a subscription of Mortal Realms for me to have a look at. I’ve made a video review and a written review.
The Mortal Realms Partworks collection is targeted at beginners of all ages. It’s written in an very clear and straight forward way. It doesn’t assume any prior knowledge making it easy to follow. Veterans shouldn’t be put off by the beginner friendly nature as the savings on the model RRP still makes this worth picking up no matter who you are. There is a downside and that’s it isn’t available in all territories. Please check the Hatchette Partworks website to see if it’s available where you live.
Issue 47 includes:
- Stormcast Eternals Farstrider Miniatures
- Vanguard Hunters (Warriors 12)
- Sanson’s Farstriders (Hammers 9)
- Orphenon Katakros (Bonereapers 2)
- How to Build Farstriders
- How to Paint Farstriders
- The Farstriders Warscroll
- A Tide of Undeath, including a map of Sigyorn and a new battle plan (Chamon 7)
Issue 48 includes:
- Reikenor the Grimhailer Miniature
- Reikenor the Grimhailer (Champions 3)
- The Spiral Crux Part One (Chamon 3)
- Blades of Khorne (Khorne 2)
- Cities of Sigmar Part Three (Cities 1)
- How to Build Reikenor the Grimhailer
- How to Paint Reikenor the Grimhailer
- Reikenor the Grimhailer Warscroll
- The Grimhailer battle plan (Chamon 8)
Issue 49 includes:
- Administratum Grey Citadel layer paint
- White Scar Citadel layer paint
- Ulgu Realm of Shadow pull out (Ulgu 2)
- The Tempest Lords (Tempest 1)
- Of Bones and Blood Part Six (Death 2)
- Seraphon (Seraphon 1)
- How to Paint White and Grey Highlights
- Victory Points and Objectives Part Two (tutorial 2)
- Securing the Sigyorn battle plan (Chamon 9)
Issue 50 includes:
- Sigmarite Ruins sprue
- Vanguard Chambers (Chambers 6)
- The Prime Innerlands Part Three (Shyish 7)
- Ogor Mawtribes (Ogor 1)
- Chilled to the Bone (Battles 22)
- How to Build Sigmarite Ruins
- How to Paint Sigmarite Ruins
- Core Rules Warscroll Battalions (Core 8)
- Execution Horde Warscroll Battalion (Nighthaunt 22)
- Head Hunt battle plan (Chamon 10)
Mortal Realms is a microcosm of hobby. It’s everything you need to learn, play and paint your models, drip feed over period of time you can slowly build your collections for a great price. With painting guides, battle plans, warscrolls, Warscroll battalions, lore, paints, models and so much more it’s a really fun way to experience the hobby at a great price.
Hatchette Partworks Mortal Realms is sold in Games Workshops, newsagents and some supermarkets in the UK for £7.99 an issue. It’s also available in Games Workshop stores Australia For $19.99AUD. You can also choose to subscribe and be sent 4 issues once every 4 weeks for £31.96. Subscribers can also choose to go premium where they will pay more and every twenty issues receive more faction models, warscrolls and paints. Hatchette also offer automatic exclusives to subscribers. They will write to you and give you the option to opt out, if you do not opt out you will receive the exclusive and be charged for it. This month there was a letter explaining subscribers will automatically receive next month’s second Novella called The Cursing of Summersong at a cost of £12.99 unless you choose to opt out (or have opted out previously).
The retail price of all the items included are as follows:
- Reikenor the Grimhailer – £25 / $55AUS
- Stormcast Eternals Farstriders – £15 / $40AUS
- Citadel Layer Administratum Grey – £2.75 / $6.40AUS
- Citadel Layer White Scar – £2.75 / $6.40AUS
- Dominion of Sigmar: Timeworn Ruins (2nd half of the kit) – £15 / $42AUS (half)
The total value of the items comes to £62.50 / $149AUS. That’s fantastic value with around 50% saving!
Did you like this post? Then why not support Tale of Painters by using our links for your next purchases: ebay / Amazon. No extra costs for you and we'll get a small kickback. Or become a patron on Patreon for exclusive tutorials, guides, and behind the scenes content. We are hobbyists like you and do all of this in our spare time. Your support will help us cover our monthly costs and fund future projects so we can bring you more and better content. Thank you very much!
This website uses affiliate links.
Support our work
Tale of Painters is an unofficial Warhammer hobby magazine run by hobbyists like you. Support our work by using the affiliate links from our 🇺🇸 / 🇨🇦 partner stores for your next orders so we can continue to bring you fantastic FREE content every day:
Or become a patron:
Thanks a lot, we appreciate any help to continue and grow Tale of Painters 🙂