If you’ve been following my Thunderhawk blog entries then you’ll know I have a soft spot for power tools (and hair dryers). I’ve found another power tool to use. In the first pic you can see me sanding one the jet engine parts flat with a power sander. I used the hacksaw to cut the lump of resin off cut off and then used the power sander to sand it flat in seconds. The second picture shows the sanded parts.
In the third picture I’m drilling a hole into each part to insert a pin. The fourth picture shows the rear engines pinned in place. The central one really adds extra length to the model.
This last picture shows a profile shot of the build so far with the engines in place.
The build is moving along a steady pace, keep checking back for my regular updates.