In today’s post I’ll share a complete step by step photo tutorial guide on how to paint a Slaanesh Daemonette. More after the jump!
This tutorial assumes you have a basic understanding of how to paint. For the beginners, I will explain the techniques as I go along. Each picture below shows four chronological steps. Underneath each picture are the corresponding instructions. Each step shows the paint I used during that step.
Paints you will need for this tutorial:
Lahmian Medium (Technical)
Druchii Violet (Shade)
Corax White (Base)
Apothecary White (Contrast)
Volupus Pink (Contrast)
Shyish Purple (Contrast)
Fulgrim Pink (Edge)
Abaddon Black (Base)
Phoenician Purple (Base)
Daemonette Hide (Base)
Genestealer Purple (Layer)
Runefang Steel (Layer)
Magus Purple (Contrast)
Stormhost Silver (Layer)
Skeleton Horde (Contrast)
1. Undercoat the model with Wraithbone Spray.
2. Mix 5 parts Lahmian Medium to 1 part Druchii Violet and apply it to the skin being careful not to let it pool and collect to heavily in the recesses.
3. Mix 1 part Lahmian Medium to 1 part Druchii Violet and paint the lower legs, feet, claws and forearms to increase the intensity of the purple.
4. Use Druchii Violet straight from the pot and paint the lower legs, feet, claws and forearms to increase the intensity of the purple. Also apply thin lines to define where the skin meets the clothing. Paint the eyes and mouth as well.
5. Paint the hair and any boney spikes with Corax White thinned with a little water.
6. Wash the hair with Apothecary White.
7. Lightly apply a light coat of Volupus Pink to two thirds of the hair. Reapply Volupus Pink to increase the intensity.
8. Apply a light coat of Shyish Purple to a third of the hair and the claws. Reapply Shyish Purple to increase the intensity.
9. Highlight the edges of the pink hair with Fulgrim Pink.
10. Thin Corax White with water and lightly apply it to raised areas of the skin to highlight. Also highlight the edges of the white hair.
11. Paint the clothing and metal arm/leg bands with Abaddon Black being careful not to get any on the skin. Paint the eyes black.
12. Paint the edges of the clothing with Phoenician Purple. Also paint some lines of Phoenician Purple to the tips of the claws.
13. Apply thin edge highlights of Daemonette Hide to the clothing. Thinning the paint with water will help it flow from the brush easier. painting thin lines is hard if you have to “drag” the paint off the bristles.
14. Apply thin lines Genestealer Purple to the tips of the claws.
15. Mix 1 part Runefang Steel with 1 part Magos Purple and paint the metal arm/leg bands and any jewellery such as necklaces and earrings.
16. Wash the arm/leg bands and any jewellery with Magos Purple.
17. Edge highlight the arm/leg bands and any jewellery with Stormhost Silver.
18. Paint the boney spikes with Skeleton Horde.
19. Highlight the edges of the boney spikes with Wraithbone.
20. Dot the eyes with a single dot of Corax White.
Did you like this post? Then why not support Tale of Painters by using our links for your next purchases: Chronicle Cards / ebay / Amazon / zavvi. No extra costs for you and we'll get a small kickback. Or become a patron on Patreon for exclusive tutorials, guides, and behind the scenes content. We are hobbyists like you and do all of this in our spare time. Your support will help us cover our monthly costs and fund future projects so we can bring you more and better content. Thank you very much!
This website uses affiliate links.
Support our work
Tale of Painters is an unofficial Warhammer hobby magazine run by hobbyists like you. Support our work by using the affiliate links from our 🇺🇸 / 🇨🇦 partner stores for your next orders so we can continue to bring you fantastic FREE content every day:
Or become a patron:
Thanks a lot, we appreciate any help to continue and grow Tale of Painters 🙂