Cheers, another easy step by step tutorial, this time a Skeleton Warrior from the Vampire Counts range. Finishing the model took only about 70 minutes, which allows you to field decent painted regiments in a reasonable amount of time.
1. Prime the model with Skeleton Bone Colour Primer from The Army Painter. Apply two thin coats instead of one thick and when working with Army Painter primers, make sure to shake the can for at least two minutes, come close to the model (about 4 or 5 inches) and use long, sweeping moves instead of short bursts. Paint areas not covered by the spray with Bleached Bone.
2. Wash the sand of the base with VGC Brown Ink, then drybrush with Tausept Ochre and Bleached Bone.
Wash the bones with Devlan Mud, then layer on Bleached Bone (or P3 Menoth White Base) and highlight with P3 Menoth White Highlight (or VGC Off White).
3. Paint the clothing with Scab Red, the wooden hilts with Charadon Granite and the metal with Boltgun Metal. Wash the clothing and the armour with Badab Black. Apply some Badab Black on the wood just around the hand for shading. When the wash is dry, wash the armour a second time.
4. Highlight the red clothes with Scab Red and then Mechrite Red (you can even skip the Scab Red step for the back ranks). Drybrush the wood with Khemri Brown. Highlight the metal with Chainmail in a scratchy way. Paint the brass with VGC Brassy Brass, apply some VGC Scurf Green in the recesses to create verdigris and highlight with P3 Radiant Platinum.
5. Finish the model by painting the shield with the techniques learned above, paint the rim of the base with P3 Gun Corps Brown (or Graveyard Earth) and apply some static grass. Then varnish.
Do you like our tutorials and reviews? Here is what you can do to support us: Disable your Ad Blocker or place your next Wayland Games order by clicking here or on the banner on the right. Thank you very much, we appreciate any help to keep us going!
Did you like this post? Here is how you can return the favour: Support Tale of Painters by ordering your next hobby purchases from our US affiliate partners by using our links: Gamenerdz, and ebay. Or become our patron on Patreon, starting at only $1.99. Patrons receive sneak peeks, early tutorial access, and exclusive content. We are hobbyists like and you and do all of this in our spare time. Your support will help us covering our monthly costs and funding future projects, so we can bring you more and better content. Thank you very much!
Support our work
Tale of Painters is an unofficial Warhammer hobby magazine run by hobbyists like you. Help us cover our monthly expenses so we can continue to bring you fantastic FREE content every day. Here is what you can do:
Or support us on Patreon:
We appreciate any help to continue and grow Tale of Painters 🙂