My #taleoftuesdays journey has come to the finish line: Here is my completed Dark Elves team. Unlike my fellow coaches, I’m a cheat and didn’t paint a complete Blood Bowl team, but a six model team for the board game version Blitz Bowl instead. Nevertheless, I spent more time on them than I thought, but I’m quite pleased with the result. Check out more pictures after the jump – and help my find a team name in comments!
I really love the Dark Elf models. They take a lot of design cues from the relaunched Fantasy Battles Dark Elves range then add some Blood Bowl specific details and fantastic dynamic poses. The Forge World paint jobs don’t do them justice in my opinion, so I hope my neat paint jobs help to bring out the quality of the sculpts.
The inspirations for my paint scheme was the dark green armour of the Kabal of the Last Hatred, while the idea from the turquoise undersuits came from cr0wmaster (check out his Instagram account).
Here are my paint recipes:
– Angel Green Colour Primer from The Army Painter
– Basecoat the suit with Baharroth Blue, then wash with a mix of Akhelian Green, Contrast Medium and Lahmian Medium (about 1:3:1). Layer with Baharroth Blue.
– Basecoat the black leather with VMC German Grey, the armour with Lupercal Green, the brown leather with Rhinox Hide, the silver with Vallejo Mecha Colour Light Steel. Then wash all with a 1:1 mix of Warpaints Dark Tone Ink and Nuln Oil Gloss
– Edge highlight the armour with Warpaints Wizards Orb first, then Kraken Skin
– Highlight the black leather with Mechanicus Standard Grey, then Administratum Grey
– Highlight the brown leather with Formula P3 Bootstrap Leather
– Basecoat the skin with Reaper Master Series XXX, wash with Warpaints Flesh Tone Ink, layer with XXX, highlight with a mix of XXX and Pallid Wych Flesh, then pure Pallid Wych Flesh. Paint the eyes black, then add two white dots to each corner. Mouths are painted with Doombull Brown, teeth with white.
– Basecoat the scales with Warpaints Army Green, the Cold One hide with Warpaints Combat Fatigues. Wash with a 3:1 mix of Warpaints Military Shader and Lahmian Medium. Edge Highlight the scales with Straken Green and Combat Fatigues. Layer the hide with Combat Fatigues, Necrotic Flesh and finally Deepkin Flesh.
– Basecoat the brass with Brass Scorpion, wash with a 1:1 mix of Agrax Earthshade and Agrax Earthshade Gloss. Highlight with a 1:1 mix of Brass Scorpion and Vallejo Mecha Color Light Steel.
Hope you enjoy my Dark Elves. I haven’t found the time to think about the team name, so I’m very open for ideas. Maybe something naval/Corsair like, considering the paint scheme? Please leave our suggestions in the comments!
What’s that, you want to get involved?
You can join us on the pitch by sharing your work on social media platforms (twitter, Instagram or facebook) using the hashtags:
#taleoftuesdays #taleofpainters #paintyourgames
Make sure your account is public (in case of facebook, set your #taleoftuesdays posts to public).
We want to engage with all our fellow coaches, so we’ll have an eye on these hashtags and stop by for comments and criticism. Every now and then we also feature your finished players here on Tale of Painters.
From all of your teams that were painted during Tale of Tuesdays, we pick our favourite team to win a Wayland Games or Element Games voucher to the amount of a plastic Blood Bowl team box so you can start painting another team right away.
We hope to see a lot of cool Blood Bowl teams painted! Until next Tuesday…
Shoutout to my fantastic patrons: Chris C., chaoticflanagan, Wyliekyote, pawl, Fugu, FrenchHobbyist, Nello S., Nate H., Sigurd H., Karakal, Akhaed, Christian H., David D., Christopher O., James G., Matt P., Adam, Martin D., Kobold, Mark S., NavyKes, Andrii A., Truul0, Duncan M., David W., Joakim N., Tashi, BadgerAndOllieBoo, Runde, PlagueisThaWise, John S., Schneuzi, Lucas Y., Paul B., Samuel J., Andy J. Ramon R., Sam, Allari, Bartosz L., Raoul, Austin M., Vega, Benjamin J., Christophe M., Thomas J., Miłosz R., Jack G., Cliff P., Pierre L., Joe S., Cody N., Collin N J., Terrafan, Mason E., Tom, Nimitz112, PJSpock, Suppiluliuma, Mike, sarahthevampyre, Daniel K., Brian S., Michael D., James C., Joshawa B., Andrey M., Kjell E., Dexter B S., Jordan B., Jack B., MatteB, Jeremy N., Il Mech, Hendy, Richard G., Stefan G., KaioShin, Mathew S., Kevin G., Angel A., Patrick W., IM BOSS, Spirit, BlaxForever, and Todaspe.Support us on Patreon for exclusive tutorials and resources, sneak peeks, extra discounts from our partners, and more.
@Stahly: how did you do the names on the bases????
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Support our work
Tale of Painters is an unofficial Warhammer hobby magazine run by hobbyists like you. Support our work by using the affiliate links from our 🇺🇸 / 🇨🇦 partner stores for your next orders so we can continue to bring you fantastic FREE content every day:
Or become a patron:
Thanks a lot, we appreciate any help to continue and grow Tale of Painters 🙂
Stunning paint jobs. They look so good. GW should use your pics for the box art and web shots!
As for names.
Black Ark Raiders
Tides of Khaine (instead of Brides of Khaine)