Tale of Painters wants you! Do you have a nice army or collection you would like to share on Tale of Painters? Ever think about becoming a semi-regular guest poster or adding your name to the full time contributors of this illustrious blog? Then read on to find out more!
Tale of Painters is looking for like-minded people who would like to contribute to our blog. You could be a one-time guest poster sharing your beautiful models, or a cool tutorial or review you’ve written. Or you could pen a couple of posts on a semi-regular basis, nice and easy without pressure. Or maybe you feel dedicated to apply for a spot as a regular member on Tale of Painters. Either way – we are curious to get to know you!
Tale of Painters is dedicated to bringing the best model collections and armies to the internet. We have a large audience and over 10,000 page impressions a day. Our members have been featured in White Dwarf multiple times and we are well-known in the White Dwarf team and GW Design Studio.
The most important points if you would like to contribute:
- Crisp, well-lit pictures of models on a seamless white background.
- High level of painting (doesn’t mean competition level painting – there are other great websites for that!).
- Being fluent in English and having a positive attitude towards the hobby.
- Self motivation.
It’s a good idea to have a look through our showcase posts – if you can match the quality both in painting and photography, you should definitely apply!
Send us an email to richard.van.skinny(at)gmail.com or drop a link to your gallery in the comments!
Becoming a regular member
In addition to guest posters, we would also like to expand our team of regular members. You need to bring all of the above, plus:
- Dedication and reliability. We’d expect 2 posts a week.
- Having enough time for the hobby and painting regularly (several times a week).
- Being able to stick to your projects and to get stuff done.
- Bonus points for bringing new armies to the blog, for Horus Heresy models, for having a distinctive paint style, for well executed paint schemes and conversions, for being a female painter (just kidding ;), for being obsessed with toy soldiers and for the interest in creating tutorials and/or writing reviews.
If you think you might fit the bill, send an email to richard.van.skinny(at)gmail.com or drop a link to your gallery in the comments!
- We’re fine with commission/professional painters, as long as the enjoyment of models comes first and advertising your services second.
- We’re a blog about painting and modelling, so we’re not interested in tactic articles or gaming reports.
- Games Workshop models only (use of third party bits is fine).
What’s in it for you?
If you become a full-time contributor, you might occasionally be offered products to review from our sponsors which you will get to keep. There are no wages, so all articles you produce are voluntary. The main benefit of joining Tale of Painters is the stage. From this platform you can share your hobby and reach a large audience. Great if you’re a commission painter or a hobbyist who just loves sharing what they’re doing. The audience is also an extremely good resource for ideas and tips.
Don’t wait – apply now!
Shoutout to our fantastic patrons: Chris C., chaoticflanagan, Mike C., Wyliekyote, pawl, Fugu, FrenchHobbyist, Goonie_NL, Noelle S., Scott B., Nate H., Sigurd H., Alex F., Karakal, Antoni E., EmjayG, Emdee, Brook J., Akhaed, Dashing Rebel, Christian H., David D., Christopher O., James G., Ricardo G., Kevin B., Jason, Matt P. and Doc Remington. Become a patron on Patreon for exclusive sneak peeks, early tutorial access, and more exclusive content. Your support will help us covering our monthly costs and increasing the quality of our content.
Support our work
Tale of Painters is an unofficial Warhammer hobby magazine run by hobbyists like you. Help us cover our monthly expenses so we can continue to bring you fantastic FREE content every day. Here is what you can do:
Or support us on Patreon:
We appreciate any help to continue and grow Tale of Painters 🙂