Quick post today to mark the completion of my Dark Angels Hellblaster squad. My 10 man unit is made up from Conquest Magazine, Dark Imperium Boxed Game and a couple purchased from eBay.
I painted up the first 5 and posted about them on Tale of Painters over 2 years ago.
The Last year I painted the 6th member of the squad using Games Workshop’s synthetic STC brushes.
Fast forward to 2022 and I’ve been enjoying just painting single models from random factions that I already have assembled and undercoated. So over the last couple of months I painted the last 4 Hellblasters to finish the squad. Man, that felt amazing finishing a squad I started over 2 years ago.
To keep the results consistent over that time I used my own tutorial. This tutorial is the updated 2.0 version and uses some contrast paints. So half the squad was painted pre-contrast and the the other half post-contrast. Still, looking at the above pic, you’d be hard pressed to tell which is which (the top row are pre-contrast if you’re wondering).